Broadway – Thoughts of a Colored Man
YMCAs in Brooklyn & Bronx
Thoughts of a Colored Man, Broadway’s first all black production, wanted to bring Broadway to the “hoods” of Brooklyn and the Bronx. Taking inspiration from the show’s set, a barbershop, which everyone knows is the hood’s social club, Sweeter’s challenge was to recreate “the scene” – but this time on wheels – bringing Broadway to the people – exposing inner city youth and those who might not normally be familiar with this amazing performance art. For 2 days, Sweeter welcomed guests for free haircuts and lively banter with the actors and producers of the show, onto one of our glass walled trucks while chatting up the Broadway experience. To make the brand activation a fun and delicious one to remember, Sweeter’s culinary team created a feel-good menu of ribs, chicken and mac n’ cheese, making this a truly memorable “BARBER-CUE”. Sweeter, through our agency partner, was awarded a Reggie Award and a Gold Clio Award for Events/Experiential.
Elements we produced
- Designed and built-out the interior of the glass truck to resemble a real “in the hood” Barber Shop experience.
- Treated guests to a Barber-que consisting of delicious BBQ Ribs, Chicken and Mac & Cheese.
- Provided custom printed branded barber aprons for all on site staff.
- Brought our very own diverse brand ambassador team to engage with the guests.
- Our photographer/videographer team produced same day delivery of still images and video for the client to use for PR and social media.
experiential marketing agencies working together
Related Case Studies
The Pasta Queen X Pastificio di Martino
Midtown, Chelsea Market & Union Square, NYC
Nadia Caterina Munno – aka “The Pasta Queen” burst onto the Instagram scene during Covid and hasn’t looked back since. When her next move was…Learn more
Breast Cancer Awareness – Wacoal Bra Fittings
Don’t get us wrong, we are always inspired and motivated to do the best we can, however, when working on a philanthropic project that boosts…Learn more
Bumble – Airstream
Bumble Date, Valentine’s Day, Fashion Week, Airstream driving traffic into a Bumble Hive. Bumble returned to Sweeter as their experiential marketing agency partner to promote…Learn more